Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Week Under My Belt

Finished a few days off in the wilderness of a ski lodge for orientation with the rest of the LIFT staff. Ok, yes we were in a building and not sleeping out under the stars, but I would be very surprised to learn if they heated the lodge at all during the time we were there and we did sleep on the floor in sleeping bags. We went tubing, learned to cross-country ski, hiked/ran a mountain (twice!), snowshoe the same mountain, and had an amazing first class about the Beatitudes. I was so glad we separated ourselves from the rest of camp to have a few days to ourselves. I really got to know many of the other LIFTers personalities and where they are in their spiritual walk. I get chills every time I hear how God has been involved in someone's life before they ever realized how much He loves them and has a plan for them. As I reflect on my personnel journey, I found times where I thought life was going down hill and there was no benefit from the experience, but in reality, God was preparing and molding me into the woman He wants me to be. Without the struggles and joys in my life, I would not be the woman of God I am to day. I pray that God will continue to reveal how He has been working on me in the past and continue to guide me as I pursue Him in this program. These people I am with are a little crazy, but I guess you would have to be a little in order to take the classes, do the adventures, work on the weekends, and still find time to have meaningful conversations with others. Call me crazy :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy to think about how much God is doing in my life right now that I don't even see... I'm so excited for Him to reveal it to me in His timing! I'm so glad you are having a great time! You ran a mountain twice?? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ran it twice kind of, mostly hiked up and then ran down. I am so excited to hear God is doing amazing things in your life! I am at work on some things for tomorrow, but I will hope to blog tomorrow night :)

      Delete